It's almost June. The month that officially marks the beginning of summer. I am soooo not ready. It has already been warming up quite a bit here and I am just not made for heat. Yes, I know. I'm from the south and I can't stand hot weather. It is a little less frequent that I get the same kind of heat here as back home, the sticky humid kind that makes it impossible to walk outside without breaking a sweat. And I am very thankful for that, at least!
I think people up here don't mind it as much, because it is usually a pretty short summer. They soak it up and before they know it, snow boots are being brought back out. I'm in the minority here of those that prefer any of the other three seasons, but that is okay. As long as they put up with me complaining about the heat after I put up with them complaining all winter about the cold. It's only fair!
Though even I can't complain too much, because I'm able to practice walking unaided outside with a little more confidence now that the sidewalks are not slippery. (New readers - First off, hi and thank you for reading! Secondly, I suffered a Tibial Plateau Fracture last summer and am still learning to walk again.) But the air conditioning and being inside still wins out when possible. Thank you for inventing the air conditioner, Willis Carrier. Yes, I looked it up. The man deserves some recognition. Might just be my favorite invention of all time, to be honest! ;)
With warmer weather arriving, my makeup routine becomes more simple. It's already simple most days, but especially on warmer days. I do not like to feel like I am wearing a mask or that I am going to sweat my makeup right off. I start craving lighter makeup, lighter scents, lighter clothes. And my favorites are already starting to reflect that!
- L'Occitane Arlésienne Fragrance - A light floral scent that is perfect for summer days.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - I plan to do a comparison post on this with my other sponges. I like it a lot more than I expected to!
- MAC Syrup Lipstick - I did have a swatch up, but I'm still working on getting a lot of pictures in my old posts restored (major pain in the you-know-what). It's a light mauve that is easy to throw on and goes with any look.
- Barry M Mint Green Nail Paint - Bring on the pastels. All the pastels!
- Hard Candy Living Doll Baked Blush - Gives a nice glow to the cheeks, perfect for fair skinned ladies. But it's the formula that stands out, so they are worth checking out at your local Walmart or online.