Currently Reading: my friends page on LJ
Currently Drinking: water
Currently Watching: Simpsons until Project Runway and Paranormal State
Current Mood: amazzzzzzzzing
I just had the most amazing weekend ever. The concert was beyond ama-za-zing! Seriously, I am not sure that another concert will ever be able to top that one in my eyes. The only thing that would have made it perfect would have been for me to win a meet-and-greet, but I never do. :( Sad! Anyway, I shall update more on it later and post some pics from it...
It's been days since the concert, and I still cannot stop thinking about it...It was just that good. :) *happy sigh*
The next post will be of better quality, I promise. :D
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Currently Reading: my friends page on LJ
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Currently Reading: Chatelaine magazine
Currently Drinking: fruit punch Gatorade
Currently Listening to: silence
Current Mood: stressed out
Well, it's that time again. Everyone is releasing their Worst Dressed Celebs of 2007 list. I thought it only fair that I get to voice my own list! I find that some of the most known ones left off some people that I really think should be included! Oh, Mr. Blackwell, I do think there are more suitable people for your list than Posh and Kelly Clarkson. I am not saying this because I am a fan of them, but most of the stuff they wear is not as bad as what else I've seen.
Anyway, I don't want to knock him. He has been in fashion for a very looooooong time, and it all adds up to personal taste! Without further ado, I would like to present my own list!
01. Tyra, Tyra, Tyra...You were a supermodel! You have walked runways for so many big fashion brands and names. And yet, sometimes I wonder if you sucked any of it up. Most of the things you wear is just not right for your body type. You have boobs and a booty. If you have two shows where your pants have split open, take the hint and size up. And jumpsuits? Save those for the people in the professions that have to wear them.
02. I'm putting Britney on my list. I realize she is having personal problems, but seriously that has nothing to do with her fashion sense. She's always worn some horrible looking outfits before the troubles. And I'm pretty sure that her being on one more worst-dressed list will do anymore damage than what's already been done. Man, I still love her!
03. Salma Hayak was really starting to look like Ugly Betty. Maybe she just did not know what to do with herself while she was pregnant. I don't know...but I saw way too many pictures of ugly outfits, horrible hairdos, and just bad taste. Now that baby Valentina is born, please go back to the Glamourpuss that you are!
04. Perhaps he is not a "celeb" like we know the definition of, but Perez Hilton has made a name for himself in the business. Unless you live under a rock, you have heard his name and seen his crazy-colored hair around. I may be one of the few that likes him, but we have to do something about his style!
05. Alicia Keys is just...I don't know...and I don't think she does either. She tries so hard at fashion, and just fails. Do you remember that dress with the long train that she wore over jeans once? You'd think she would learn from that. She's trying to be more glamorous this year, but I don't think she is succeeding.
06. Amy Winehouse sounds old school, and with that beehive and cat's eye eyeliner she looks old school. However, it's all a little too much. Add that to the formula of too short shorts, belly-baring tank tops, and a decreasing waistline...it just spells disaster. I'd love to see her showing less skin and more meat on her bones, and maybe take the beehive down a notch. Then, maybe that would be something to work with.
Oh my gosh, this just in (updated at 7pm): When I said get rid of the beehive, this is not exactly what I had in mind. Eek!
07. Meryl Streep has always scared me a little and I'm not really sure why. Though her style is simply quite atrocious! For the devil that wore Prada, she could use more of it! She should also see a hair stylist on big award nights, so she does not look like she just woke up and tied it up.
08. Patricia Arquette does not know what to do with her boobs. All of these years, and she still has no idea how to dress with them. The poor girl ends up looking squeezed into something two sizes too small or she tries to wear a dress that she thinks will minimize their appearance. She needs to either have them decreased in size, plastered to her chest, or buy dresses made specifically for her or bigger bustlines.
09. I love Kirsten Dunst. I really do. I love that she takes so many risks with fashion, but what I don't like is that those risks are hardly worth it. Most of the time they just flop! That one dress that she wore that had feathers all over it...this ain't Sesame Street, Kirsten! And that headband with the big feather to make herself look like a flapper? Yeah, only do that on Halloween, please.
10. Rihanna is just horrendous all-around. Her voice is not the best (though her music is catchy). Her attitude is horrible. I really think that fame is getting to her head at a rapid speed. Also is there really a need for 10 new Rihanna songs to be on the radio stations in one month? Space them out, for goodness sakes! I'm tired of hearing the Michael Jackson chorus-ripoff in Please Don't Stop the Music. I have only one request. Please stop the music! And stop dressing like a slut most of the time. You are not all that. You know you are never going to get Jay-Z, right?!
Christina Aguilera. Normally, she looks alright. It's like the minute she got pregnant that her style went out the door. Is this a trend? Salma, Christina, JLo, and several others just really lost their fashion senses when the hormones kicked in! That whole bikini top over a shirt thing? Not a good look! And a white jumpsuit showing your little pooch? Not a good idea either! Now that you have baby Max in your life, I'm going to have to hope that the next time we see you that you look like one hot mama.
Hope you enjoyed my list of horrors! :)
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Currently reading: Lucky magazine
Currently drinking: water and grape Dimetapp
What do I plan on doing today? Absolutely nothing!
My shopping, both recreational and grocery, can wait until later! I plan on just ordering in, watching a dvd and the hockey game, looking at our Christmas lights for the last time, and snuggling with my husband. Everything can wait until tomorrow. That's when the Christmas stuff goes away, my pantry will be full again from shopping, and perhaps I go out and actually get something done.
But today...Today, it's just us. And I could not be happier! Well maybe I could be a little happier, if I were not battling the sniffles. :P
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
I was going to go downtown, but guess who woke up this morning with the start of a brand new cold? I'll be greeting the first few days of 2008 with a sore throat, it appears. Allow me to sound as sarcastic as I'd like when I say something along the lines of "freakin' wonderful...just what I always wanted".
In the long run, I'm glad we chose to stay in. It's a bit of blizzard outside with 10cms expected over the night. So if I am coming down with a bit of a cold, I can imagine that standing outside for five hours in the snow would not have helped me at all. It was quite cozy in our condo all day, and I had a nice day with just the hubs. We played dominoes, watched some Family Guy, and chowed down on chicken souvlaki for dinner.
We had no champagne to celebrate the new year, and actually I have never even had the stuff. Larry went to the kitchen and grabbed two of our wine glasses and poured some bubbly in them. The bubbly turned out to be Sprite. He's so cute and creative when he wants to be. :) So begins a new year, that I hope can only be better than 2007.
Anyway, I'm hoping to suck up my feeling-like-crap attitude and go downtown tomorrow for some shopping and maybe a movie. I have not seen a movie in a good while now, and there is like 8 or so out that I want to see right now. I shall update later with all the stuff that I should have updated with days ago. :P It's weird to see 2008 as the date of this post. I'm going to have to get used to writing it out. I'm really bad at that!
P.S.- Another great way to start the new year...Our condo building's fire alarm just started going off. A cold and a fire alarm...This could be a good thing. Let's get the sucky and annoying things out of the way early. :D