I don't watch awards shows live, if at all. They really have to appeal to me and I had much rather tape them and watch them after the fact, because me and my fast forward button are BFFs. But if I do any of that, it is typically awards shows focused on music and not TV and/or movies. That's just my preference. I'll catch up on social media to see the highlights and any performances I missed after the fact. Like this year's amazing Justin Timberlake opening or that big "whooooaaaa, what just happened?" moment at the end.
But honestly, I'm all about the fashion when all is said and done. And these five ladies below nailed it, in my opinion. I'd love to know who made your best dressed list!
|Sources: Getty, Steve Granitz/WireImage, Jeff Kravitz/Getty, Getty, WireImage|
- Emma Stone - Wearing a gold gown by Givenchy Haute Couture, Emma was glowing. This worked perfectly with the bigger waves in her hair for a retro vibe. My only complaint is that I wish she hadn't thrown shade in her interview afterward about the envelope fiasco. It seemed so unneeded.
- Hailee Steinfeld - This Ralph & Russo gown is sheer perfection. See what I did there? I'm living for the lavender and flowers.
- Viola Davis - Words cannot describe how much I love this woman. And she picked a real winner with this red Armani Prive gown. That neckline and the draping is something special.
- Kate McKinnon - How has she not made more best dressed lists? I think she looks stunning in this sequined black number by Narciso Rodriguez.
- Taraji P. Henson - Va-va-voom, am I right?! The blue velvet Albert Ferretti gown fitted Taraji like a glove. That giant diamond choker and bombshell hair is all that was needed for an added impact on the red carpet. I think Fergie has a song about her: G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S.