Always my hardest gift guide to put together. I don't care how long I have been married, I still find it a daunting task to pick out gifts for my husband. And heck, any other male in my life, honestly. My husband is pretty easy going and I am quite fluent in what he likes, but I put a lot of pressure on myself to get just the right things. Sometimes we just need to stop overthinking things and just get them what they like, no matter how simple or "everyday" we think something is.
For instance, my husband hates buying for himself and had rather put others first. So I know things like clothes, socks, underwear, etc. are needed come birthdays and Christmas. I always think about how boring these things are, but they are so useful. Sure, I'm going to throw some fun things in this list, but it's okay to buy daily items too and they'll be appreciated just the same!
- Book - Something in their interest- music, sports, grilling, etc. I've been reading Wilber's War* and it's perfect if you have a history buff on your hands. It follows the Bradt family story as told by Wilber's son, Hale. He read through some 700 letters that his father had written and started piecing this book together. I have the abridged version, but from what I have read, the longer trilogy is worth the time to read. Wilber did not die in the war, but from it. Once home, he committed suicide suffering likely from what is now known as post-traumatic stress disorder. It is a heavy read, but still stands so true today with many families experiencing this same type of loss.
- Movie - And promise a movie night with it. There's something to be said about a quiet night at home, cuddled on the couch, and watching a movie together.
- Cologne - Maybe repurchase his signature scent or buy one that could become one.
- Accessories - Scarves, gloves, sunglasses, slippers, and anything else that he always needs and never seems to have!
- Tickets - Sporting event, concert, movie, plane. Whatever kind. It's all about experiencing something together!
- Necessities - Underwear, socks, grooming products, you name it.
|Book // Slippers // Socks // Tickets // Cologne // Movie|
**I was sent an item in this blog post for testing and reviewing purposes. All thoughts and pictures are my own. There are no affiliate links in this post.