Oh my gosh, this year's Emmys looks were AMAZING. There were a few risks that paid off, but I found my eye wandering more toward the simplistic gowns with that one detail that makes you go "oooooh". Not that I am one to turn away from shiny pretty things either. Kudos to these celebs for looking put together on a hot day, because I would have looked like a puddle of mascara, sweat, and hairspray.
- Kerry Washington in Marc Jacobs - Easily my favorite of the night. It stood out from the rest in all of the best possible ways. Armor for our head of the "gladiators"!
- Amy Poehler in Michael Kors - The simple styling of the hair and accessories with the cutouts is what wins. Easy and breezy.
- Sarah Hyland in Zac Posen - Love the neckline and how it continues to the back.
- Aubrey Plaza in Alexandre Vaultier - I love the red sparkles against the black fabric. And just enough skin is showing.
- Lady Gaga in Brandon Maxwell - Classy and elegant. The side embellishment made this more than a basic LBD.
- Gina Rodriguez in Lorena Sarbu - I look at this and think of clouds or cotton candy. So ethereal! The only thing I am on the fence with is the red clutch.