Most of these items have been spotlighted many times. Seeing as I did not personally make any beauty purchases for myself, I'm afraid there is not many new things to show you. As a matter of fact, only two of these things are newly discovered from the last year. It's kind of a toss-up between not having too many new things to include and sticking more to what I like. With that said, it was still as difficult as ever to narrow it down to these fourteen. Thank goodness for monthly favorites!
Hair and Skincare:
- Redken Align 12 - This smoothing lotion smells nice and works well. It's triple-action with heat protection, keeping your hair straight, and helps with frizz. This is one of my new items from the past year.
- Christian Dior Creme Abricot - At first, I didn't notice anything different. But after a few days, it definitely works. I recommend leaving it on your nightstand so you see it and remember to apply it.
- Embryolisse - This works wonders on my dry skin. It absorbs so quickly into the skin and doesn't feel heavy. It helps my makeup go on smoothly, which is a miracle if you have dry patches.
- Origins Clear Improvement - The mask feels amazing while on the skin. It can be a bit drying for me, but nothing moisturizer can't fix. I wouldn't use this right before a big event, because it definitely draws out the bad things lurking underneath.
- ELF Powder Brush - Probably my most-reached for face brush. It buffs and blends amazingly. All hail the $3 price tag!
- Beauty Blender - I don't think I could ever go back to a day that involved fingers or brushes with liquid makeup formulas. This has spoiled me.
- Lancome Grandiose - The best new mascara that I have tried in a long while. The brush may seem gimmicky, but it works like a dream. This is my other new favorite from last year.
- MUFE Aqua Eyes in 24L - Forever a repurchase. My favorite everyday eyeliner. Doesn't budge and works perfectly with neutral looks.
- MUFE Aqua Shadow in 28E - Lasts all day and doesn't crease. I don't see these listed anymore, though.
- MUFE Full Cover - Holy grail concealer! It covers everything and lasts all day.
- MAC Studio Careblend Pressed - This is my favorite face powder, replacing their MSF Natural in my daily drawer.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind - I need a new one STAT! The best for under the eyes. The best.
- MAC Syrup - I reached for this a lot more this year. It's so underrated! Perfect everyday color.
- Urban Decay Naked - Always. Is this even surprising to anyone? I think it has been on my favorites (both monthly and annually) a good 80% of the time. Other palettes and eyeshadows get my love, but I always come back to this bad boy.