I don't like to call them resolutions, more like goals that I am aiming to reach. Every year, I make a list of things that I would like to achieve. This past year was no different and I thought that I would list the goals and talk about if I reached them or not. Just enough time to look back before looking forward with 2015's list!
1. Say yes more. - I think I upped my "yes" response and it was extremely beneficial!
2. Read at least 65 books. - I have reached 85 this year. Less than last year, but more than my goal. Success!
3. Have more date nights in. - Well, our budget made this one easy. PJ and DVR nights are our favorite.
4. Eat out at three new restaurants. - I can recall two, so I'm not sure I reached this one.
5. Do another Project 5 or 10 Pan. - I didn't buy a single beauty product all year. That did allow me to finish a lot of products. I didn't officially start a Project Pan, but I did do it. I'll share recent empties soon!
6. Start the adoption process. - A sore spot for me. We haven't done this yet. I am torn between trying (with help) to conceive, looking for a surrogate, or going the adoption route. If you have gone down this road before, I'd love to hear from you.
7. See more of Toronto. - I have seen a few new neighborhoods this year. Hoping to see more!
8. Try more new recipes. - With a budget, you're forced to get creative. I've enjoyed figuring out what I can make with what I have. And God bless Pinterest.
9. Focus on quality more than quantity. - That's part of the reason that I haven't bought many things this year. And I have loved it! I have focused more on what is already in my closet, on my bathroom counter, in my makeup bag, etc.
10. Wear more color.- Sometimes. I ain't no walking rainbow or anything, but I've been branching out more this year. I still prefer my color to be with my accessories, though.
11. Face a fear. - This one coincides with goal #1. I said yes to a big opportunity that involved me stepping out of my comfort zone and it was completely worth it.
12. Continue with Meatless Monday. - I did not miss a single Monday this year. I wouldn't have been hard on myself if I had, because it has happened before. I am so happy that this year was a complete success in this category.
13. Interact a lot more with all of you. - I love doing this! I don't consider myself a big blogger, nor do I want you to think I do. I'm often on Instagram and Twitter talking to you, because I like you. I like getting to know you. I try to set aside time each day to visit your blogs and comment and a day of the week to respond to my blog comments.
14. Celebrate the big 3-0 in style.- It wasn't anything big. A family dinner and a Lady Gaga concert. But you know what? It was perfect. I also got the present I have been waiting for in the last ten years when I rescued Indy.
Now for this year! A lot of the above is added again, because they always apply.
1. Be more positive. - I have been doing this lately and it's great. I want to keep it up.
2. Read at least 65 books. - Because this will always be on my list. Can't stop reading!
3. Try 3 new foods. - I love trying new food.
4. Try more new recipes. - Again, always on my list. It's so easy to get in a rut.
5. Face a fear. - Another mainstay. I try not to let fear hold me back.
6. Meatless Monday. - I love doing this.
7. Interact with you. - See above in 2014. You guys rock!
8. Finish more products. - It's so satisfying finishing an item, isn't it?!
9. Finish painting our place. - I still have two rooms to paint and it drives me crazy.
10.Go home. - I haven't been home to visit since 2012.
11. Organize. - I'm still getting our new place just right.
12. Be in the moment. - Put my phone and camera down and just be there sometimes.
13. Don't compare. - Stop looking at what others are, what they have...just be my best me.
14. Keep learning. - Take another online course, read, write a book, whatever. Just keep the mind active.
15. Enjoy fun adventures. - I need to go outside more and just explore. Always explore!
Whatever your goals are for 2015, I wish you luck in achieving them! This is my last prescheduled post until I'm back on Monday. I still have a few posts about 2014- Christmas, annual favorites, my favorite posts, etc. I might do a year in review post, as well. Here's to a new year!