Currently watching: Law and Order: CI
Currently drinking: Diet Pepsi
Currently feeling: awake
Time for another edition of monthly favorites. :)
1. Clinique Almost Makeup. I like a powder foundation usually, but lately I've been reaching for this when I put on my face! With it's built- in SPF, it's a great foundation for summer.
2. Sonia Kashuk blending sponge. I use my concealer brush sometimes, but I much prefer this sponge. You dampen it slightly before applying the foundation. It gives a great smooth finish! Just remembered I still need to review this, I believe.
3. Stella McCartney's Stella perfume. Gorgeous scent! I talk a little about it here. I wear it on date nights with my husband.
4. Soap & Glory's Scrub Your Nose In It. This is my new favorite face product. I feel like I'm in spa while I'm in my own bathroom. The results are fabulous. Review is here.
5. Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Busy Signal. Such a great base color to create a smoky brown eye. I've had this for ages and I'm finally using it. Love it! Review coming!
6. CHI Silk Infusion. This product is great for smoothing down your hair. Still have to review some CHI products!
7. MAC eyeshadow in Style Snob. LOVE this color! It's a beautiful champagne color. Review and swatch coming this week!
8. MAC MSF Natural. This is such a great powder. I can't say enough good things about it. Review and swatch here.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Currently watching: Law and Order: CI
Friday, August 28, 2009
Currently watching: Scooby Doo
Currently happy: It's the weekend!
Currently feeling: bummed
First off, sorry to lose a follower! I hope you had fun while you were here!
Contest Update: I haven't reached 50 yet, but my outlook remains hopeful. I have picked up a few items for the prize already.
So far, I've picked up:
a Soap & Glory Mother Pucker lip gloss
MAC pigment sample of Teal
Eyeko nail polish in Vamp
I'll probably be adding a bit more to it as time goes by. :) It has to be gradual, as the money is coming out of my own wallet! So remember to follow me and help get me to 50 followers!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Currently drinking: water
Currently listening: Behind These Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson
Currently feeling: stressed
You guys should know by now of my obsession for Soap & Glory products! Well, I got two new products this past weekend. I purchased Flake Away body scrub and the Scrub Your Nose In It to minimize facial pores. I have not tried the Flake Away yet, so I'll just be reviewing Scrub Your Nose In It for this post. I'll be sure to review Flake Away soon after I try it!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Currently listening: to my cat George meowing
Currently on: Twitter! Follow me!
Currently feeling: sleepy
I did it again...I put another order in to MAC. I probably won't get them until next week, but I'm pretty excited because I got some items that I have been wanting a long time. :) As always, I'll post pictures, descriptions, and swatches when I get them!
Painterly Paint Pot- I absolutely love my Rubenesque paint pot and I have heard great things about the Painterly one. I really think this one will make my eyeshadows pop in color. Perfect!
Style Snob eyeshadow- This eyeshadow is part of the Love That Look collection, so it is limited edition. This is getting great reviews along with Smoke & Diamonds. I chose Style Snob for myself, as I'm pretty sure I have a similar color to Smoke & Diamonds already.
Porcelain Pink MSF- This MSF is part of the Colour Craft collection and my second purchase from the collection. My first purchases was the Colour Crafted lipstick which I am absolutely in love with. I can't say enough good things about MSFs, so I can't wait to get this one! This is also limited edition.
Creme d'Nude lipstick- This is a permanent color in their lipstick line-up. I've been reading that this is a great lipstick to pair with C-Thru lipglass, which I already own. I'm a huge fan of a nude lip and smoky eye right now. I'm looking forward to trying out this color!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
purse, camera, keys, iPod Touch, cell phone
2. Favourite brand of Make Up
Anything at Sephora (especially Urban Decay and NARS) and MAC
3. Favourite flower
Roses (specifically yellow roses with red tips or pink English Roses), Cherry Blossoms, and Tulips
Marc Jacobs Daisy
6. Heels or Flats
Pink,red and purple.
9. Do you drink energy drinks
The only time I wouldn't is if I'm eating something with my hands like a burger. If the ketchup or toppings are on top of them and not to the side, I will use a fork.
13. Favourite moisturizer
Soap & Glory Righteous Butter
14. Do you want to get married later on in life
I already am!
*photo credit to my wedding reception photographer: Danielle Lawrence
15. Do you get mad easily
Yes. I have anger issues, I'm pretty sure.
16. Are you into ghost hunting
Yes. And I have! I love everything supernatural.
17. Any phobias
Yes. I have done so since I was around three because I'd see my mom do it. It's really annoying! The longest I've been able to go without biting is about two weeks, sadly. And that nasty-tasting nail polish does not work for me. I just get used to it!
19. Have you ever had a near death experience
Yes, I almost drowned at age four! After that it took me until age 10 to learn to swim and leave the shallow end. I now love it. I faced that fear and overcame it!
20. Do you drink coffee
Yes, hot and cold! I love coffee. Mmm...
If you do this on your own blog, link me to it so I can find out more about you! Or just do it in the comments. I would love to know more about my readers! :)
Friday, August 21, 2009
Currently watching: NFL!!
Currently eating: watermelon Jolly Rancher (aka the best flavor)
Currently feeling: lazy
This is one of those useless posts to just say that today and Monday are my "off" days. My husband and I are having a bit of a staycation this weekend. :)
Tomorrow, we head to the CNE (some people call it The Ex). A day of fun in the sun with carnival games, concerts, and more! Sunday will possibly be shopping, a movie, and whatever else. And Monday will probably be a day at Toronto's Centre Island for the beach, petting zoo, picnics... So those are pretty much our plans! See all of you fashionable people on Tuesday! ♥
EDIT- Sucky weather meant for a rather slower weekend than I wanted. So CNE and the Island will have to wait until next weekend! I did get some shopping in, though!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Currently listening: Why Haven't I Heard From You by Reba
Currently planning: my weekend
Currently feeling: in a country mood
Time to talk about fashion trends that we'll be seeing this autumn!
2. Rock-n-Roll. Studs, leather, chains. It's glam rock, baby! Live it up!
3. Sparkles! Whether it be a sequin dress or a metallic top, you need to be shining. For the less daring, include the look in your accessories instead.
4. The 80s are back (unfortunately...)! Big shoulders, denim on denim, neon colors, acid wash, crazy leggings...Oh yes, it's all back. Take advantage of this because it will actually be OK to clash again!
5. Plaid. This is one of my personal favorites. I love plaid!
6. Besides purple, black or hot pink is the way to go. Especially head-to-toe black (as seen on the Narciso Rodriguez runway)!
7. Velvet. This has been a mainstay in fall trends for awhile now. It's such a great texture for the season. You can incorporate it any way that you wish. My favorite is to include it in accessories like my purse or shoes.
8. Leopard and zebra print items. I incorporate these in small doses. Anything outrageous and you come across as cheap, in my opinion. And only wear one animal print article at one time!
9. Bangles. The bigger and chunkier, the better!
10. Vests. Sweater, denim, leather...it doesn't even matter what it's made of. I personally like this one. It's a nice alternative to a cardigan sometimes! Or be funky and layer one with a cardigan on top!
Which trend are you excited to sport this upcoming autumn?
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Currently listening: Follow You, Follow Me by Genesis
Currently wearing: purple plaid shorts and a purple tank top
Currently feeling: sick
Stemming off of yesterday's post, I thought I would share my perfume wishlist. I definitely want to add these to my collection! What is your favorite perfume? Which scent is on your wishlist?
Vera Wang Rock Princess
Vera Wang Princess
Marc Jacob Lola
Miss Dior Cherie
DKNY Be Delicious
Flora By Gucci
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Currently watching: The Simpsons
Currently surfing: Youtube
Currently feeling: blah
Marc Jacobs has a new fragrance coming out this fall! Lola by Marc Jacobs is going to be a sultry floral fragrance. I love Daisy, so I just know I'm going to love this. It's hard to believe that it was two years ago that Daisy was released and it had a great welcoming. It's my absolute favorite fragrance so I cannot wait to get Lola, Daisy's sister.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Currently watching: Murder, She Wrote
Currently drinking: Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi
Currently feeling: hot...it's like 90F out!
MAC Pigments can be used for several things, so I thought I would share a few with you! If you have another way of using them, please share!
- Obviously the first use is as an eyeshadow. A little goes a long way! Just make sure to start with a base like UDPP, MAC's Paint Pots, etc. so that the loose powder has something to hold on to. If you want the foil effect, simply spray your brush with water, Fix+, or a saline spray. If powder falls onto your cheek while applying, don't rub it away because that just smears it. Take a fluffy brush and just brush it off! If using it loose is not your cup of tea, you can make them into a solid. You just need an empty jar or eyeshadow pot and alcohol. Mix it together, even it out, and let it dry.
- Eyeliner. Dampen the brush first.
- As a blush! Just be sure to tap the excess powder off.
- Lipgloss. Mix your pigment with some petroleum jelly and you have a lovely new lip color.
- Nail polish. I use an empty pigment sample pot and mix clear nail polish with the pigment. It lasts a long time on nails and has a really nice metallic finish.
- Shimmer. Add a nice color like Vanilla or Melon to your body lotion and you have a nice body shimmer.
- Highlighter. You can add a color like Vanilla to your foundation and it will add a nice glow to your face. Similar to Benefit's High Beam.
- Hair. If you want to add a streak of color to your hair, just add some pigment to your styling gel or pomade. Obviously, the color will show up more on lighter hair colors but the glimmer will show on darker colors.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Currently wondering: what to do today
Currently procrastinating: on getting ready
Currently feeling: sleeeeeeepy
The other day I was searching through the Saks website and looking at watches, because I desperately need one. I also did a little bit of virtual window-shopping. It makes me happy that they have a plus-size line, even though I would never pay $300 for a sweater. I noticed that Juicy Couture has a few items available. Then, I looked closer. Whoever was in charge of doing the photoshopping knocked off a whole letter and forgot to put it back! Gotta love some Juicy Coutur! :)
And zoomed in:
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Here's the thing...I'm thinking if I can get to fifty followers on this blog, I'll have a contest! At the moment, I'm not really sure what the prizes will be just yet but I have some time to figure it out. So if you want this contest to take place, all you need to do is follow me! Though I'd love it if you participated on the blog too. Just sayin'. :)
P.S.- If you'd possibly like to sponsor the contest, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Your company does need to be fashion or makeup related. Otherwise whatever the prize may be, the money will come out of my own pocket so please know that it will be nothing extravagantly expensive. That's all!
- Already Gone- Kelly Clarkson
- Please Don't Leave Me- Pink
- Battlefield- Jordin Sparks
- Hush Hush- Pussycat Dolls
- Birthday- Leighton Meester
- The Fear- Lily Allen
- Spaceman- The Killers
- Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa- Vampire Weekend
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me- Cass Elliot
- Soulmate- Natasha Bedingfield
- Paparazzi- Lady GaGa
- You Found Me- The Fray
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Currently wondering: why I even bother sometimes
Currently listening: The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice
Currently feeling: down and out
Just a special bulletin to my readers in the States to say that Gilt Fuse launched today! This is geared towards just women! The brands have a youthful feel so it's great for those of you that like to shop trends but don't want to spend $100+ on each piece. They'll also be showing a lot of designers that will be new to you! Gilt Groupe is known for their great sales and there is no doubt that Gilt Fuse will be the same. You just have to be a member! :)
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Currently listening: my "You're Inspirational" mix on 8tracks
Currently drinking: water
Currently feeling: mellow
Here are a few of my summer essentials! These will get me through a day at the beach, for sure. Feel free to share your own with me! :)
2. Big sunglasses! Everyone should carry a pair to protect your eyes!
3. Powder, moisturizer, or foundation with SPF included!
4. An iPod full of my favorite tunes!
5. A classic book to read during the summer thunderstorms or at the beach!
6. A pair of comfortable sandals or flip-flops!
7. Light jersey material!
8. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle! The best conditioner ever, hands down.
9. Evian facial spray! Set your makeup or just freshen your face.
10. Bronzer! For the pale girls like me to fake a tan.
11. Lip gloss!
12. Camera! Capture all of those special moments.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Currently wearing: bermuda shorts and a gray tank
Currently listening: Halo by Beyonce
Currently feeling: contemplative
When I went to Chicago in July, I was absolutely excited to go to the F21 store on the Magnificent Mile. Why? Because they are one of the select carriers of the Faith21 line. Faith21 is the line that they have launched to cater to plus sizes. Now let me say this...think of the term "plus-sized" loosely when thinking of this line. It's junior sizes and they only carry up to size 16.
You might not luck out in finding any bottoms, if you are above size 16. However, you can more than likely find a shirt or dress to fit over their supposed size limits. It's because many of the items are made of a stretchy material and made to fit loosely. I actually fit into the size limits for my upper body, but I'm absolutely certain that someone a few sizes bigger than me could even fit into the two tanks that I purchased! The key is to stick to the looser fitting items!
I actually rather like a lot of the line. A brand finally gave a youthful feel to a plus-size line. It's full of bright colors and patterns. The quality is that of F21, as is the price. I'm happy with the quality and price, because it sure does beat spending up to $30 on a shirt that you may not wear all of the time. I plan on ordering more to be shipped when I go home at Christmas. I say that because the line is not yet available in Canada and has no plans to be. This is a huge downfall in their marketing and I hope that they do change their minds on this. I imagine they would have a huge following here!
Friday, August 7, 2009
Currently listening: Wonderful by Annie Lennox
Currently drinking: Passion Tea Lemonade
Currently feeling: lethargic
As I said in this post, I recently got three new MAC products. I think it's fair to say that I have yet to find one of their products that I don't like! I'll speak about these three items though and tell you what I think!
MSF Natural in Light
I think this is my new favorite MAC product EVER! It's amazingly smooth to touch and just goes on with such ease. I have not worn it as a light foundation yet, but I love the satiny look it gives me over my liquid foundation. I had to get it in the fairest shade, because I'm lighter than a Cullen (Twilight reference). It's no secret that I am in love with my MSF Refined and this joins it. I want more MSFs!
Studio Finish in NW15
This concealer is in the lightest color available. Let me explain the NW and NC codes for those that don't know. I get NW because my skin has cool tones. You buy NC if you have warm tones. The easiest way to tell this is to look at your veins on your inner wrist. If they have a blue tinge, you have a cool tone. If they look more green, you have a warm tone. I have heard that it can be the other way around, but this seems to be the general consensus.
I tried this under my eyes and I actually did not like it as much as Benefit's Erase Paste in that area, but that's simply because Erase Paste brightens the area a bit. I did try it on a blemish and was quite pleased. And as I stated in the last post, I wanted to cancel out pigmentation on my lips. It worked really well for that and had great staying power! The swatch makes it look crazy, but it blends in really well.
Color Crafted Lipstick from the Color Craft Collection (Limited Edition)
This is very popular right now! Honestly, it's selling out in a lot of areas. If you come across this shade in your MAC store, you should grab it. :) I can't say enough good things about this shade. It's such a lovely pink, but it doesn't look ridiculous on your lips. It's my absolute favorite lipstick and I keep going to it. That says a lot, because I'm a gloss girl! It can go on a little grainy, but what I do is just take a lip brush and smooth it out. Problem solved!